Treatment of acne May take up to months, depending upon the severity of the acne experienced. For moderate acne in the kind of stains or blackheads, the treatment is sufficient to use a gel or lotion containing benzoyl peroxide, which can be bought without a prescription.
Benzoyl peroxide Serves as an antiseptic, which functions To kill germs on the surface of the skin. This material also helps reduce blackheads and conquer inflammation. Benzoyl peroxide is available in the form of a gel or lotion, and is used on facial acne, 20 minutes after washing your face.
Use this medicine to flavor, because excessive use can trigger skin irritation. If necessary, talk with your physician about using benzoyl peroxide. Avoid sunlight while using this medication, as it can result in facial skin to be sensitive. Moreover, don’t let this medication regarding hair or clothing because it is feared it will change the color of their hair or clothes.
Aside from producing dry skin, some of those side effects that Arise from using the medication are itching, a burning sensation on the skin, and the skin becomes red and flaking. These side effects will disappear on their own after the patient has completed treatment.
To get rid of zits, benzoyl peroxide can be used for 6 weeks. But some victims can be advised to keep on using this medication with a less regular frequency, to prevent acne from reappearing.
Topical retinoids work by removing dead skin cells on the Surface of the skin, in order to not clog the hair follicles. The sort of retinoid used to treat acne is topical tretinoin. This medication can be used once a day before going to bed.
Use topical retinoids based on dose, and protect the skin from excessive sun exposure. Not suggested for use by pregnant women, because this medication is in danger of causing birth defects for the fetus they feature.
The Same as benzoyl peroxide, using topical retinoids is Generally completed for up to 6 months. But to stop pimples from occurring again, patients can be counseled to keep on using this medication, with a frequency which is less frequent.
Topical antibiotics kill bacteria that infect clogged hair follicles. This medication is available in liquid or gel form that’s applied to acne for 6-8 weeks. Following this period, the usage of the medication must be stopped so the bacteria don’t turn resistant to this particular drug, so the disease can increase or the zits get worse. Although rare, this therapy can cause side effects such as irritation and redness on the skin, and feels hot and flaky.
Lactic acid works by removing dead skin cells and killing Bacteria, and is available as a lotion. This medication can be used if the individual is irritated as a result of use of topical retinoids or benzoyl peroxide.
Azelaic acid is usually used twice a day, or once a day for patients who have sensitive skin. Although this drug doesn’t make the wearer sensitive to sun, azelaic acid may cause side effects like dry, itchy, red, and sore skin.
Severe acne can be treated with antibiotic drinking combined with topical treatment. Treatment can last up to 4-6 months, depending upon the individual’s reaction.
The Kind of antibiotic tablet that physicians can prescribe is tetracycline. But in pregnant or lactating women, this medication can’t be given. Instead, the physician will prescribe erythromycin that’s safer to use.
Apart from being able to make the skin sensitive to sunlight, Tetracycline can lower the effectiveness of birth control pills in the first couple weeks of treatment. Therefore, doctors will advise patients to use other contraceptives such as condoms, while undergoing therapy with tetracycline.
Hormone treatment can have a positive effect on acne-prone Girls, particularly if pimples appear during puberty, or if they’re associated with hormonal disorders like PCOS. Your health care provider will recommend taking a combination birth control pill. Normally acne will disappear even if it takes around 1 year.
If acne Can’t be treated with antibiotics, physicians can give antiandrogens. This medication works by blocking the effects of androgen hormones on the oil glands. 1 example of an antiandrogen medication is spironolactone.
Isotretinoin is a tablet-shaped acne medication, which has a Number of uses like preventing clogging of hair follicles, reducing the amount of germs on the skin, helping to control sebum production, and reducing swelling and redness around pimples.
Generally isotretinoin is used for 4-6 months prior to the results are visible. At the first 7-10 days of therapy, acne will worsen. However, there isn’t any need to worry since those conditions are normal at the start of consumption.
Aside from the various uses above, isotretinoin can also Cause several side effects. Thus, this medication is only suggested for patients who undergo severe acne, and can’t recover with other drugs. Some common side effects include
- Changes in glucose levels.
- Dry, cracked and inflamed skin, especially on the lips and around the nostrils.
- Deep blood is present
- Blearitis or inflammation of the uterus.
- Conjunctivitis or inflammation of the outer membranes.
In rare cases, isotretinoin can also cause side effects such as hepatitis (inflammation of the liver), pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), and kidney disease. To avoid these side effects, physicians will advise patients to undergo blood tests before and during therapy with this medication.
It’s Important to understand, isotretinoin can cause birth defects in babies. Therefore, this drug has to be avoided by pregnant women. In girls who enter childbearing age, you should use a couple of contraceptive procedures for 1 month before treatment begins, during treatment, and for 1 month after treatment is finished. Furthermore, the doctor will also advise patients to experience a pregnancy test prior to, during, and after therapy.
Lots of patients claim to experience mood swings when taking this drug. Therefore, tell your doctor if you experience mood swings like feeling more aggressive, depressed, or with a suicidal urge to use this medicine.
Besides using drugs, there are several methods for Acne treatment, which may be achieved without or with the usage of drugs, such as:
- Chemical peels. In this process, pimpled skin will be Peeled off to develop a new layer of skin. In the process, peels involve chemicals like salicylic acid, glycolic acid, or retinoic acid.
- Laser and photodynamic treatment, namely treating acne by Killing acne-causing germs, and reducing oil production on the skin, by firing lasers on skin that is moisturizing.
- Corticosteroid injections. Nodules and cysts can be treated By injecting corticosteroids directly into the area of skin with acne. This therapy may improve the condition of acne in a brief time and decrease pain.
- Blackhead extraction. In this therapy, doctors use special Tools to remove blackheads which don’t evaporate with topical medication. This treatment can cause scars.
Besides a number of treatment measures above, mild acne Can be dealt with independently, with these steps:
- Use a gentle facial cleanser and warm water to clean the Region of acne with skin, twice a day. For individuals who experience acne on the scalp, do shampoo daily.
- Use water-based cosmetic products that do not block skin Pores, and prevent oil-containing skincare products.
- Do not try to remove comedones by pressing them, because They can lead to disease or leave scars.
- In some individuals, sunlight can aggravate acne. There are also Acne medicines that actually make acne worse when exposed to sunlight. To avoid this, use a sunscreen and moisturizer that are noncomedogenic or don’t contain oil.
- Prevent skin contact with cellphones, helmets or backpacks also often. Pressure or friction on the skin may lead to acne.
- Always bathe after undergoing strenuous activities, to Cleanse the skin from sweat and oil.
Though acne is difficult to stop, a few steps below can Be done to minimize its appearance
- Wash your face twice per day with an oil-free facial cleanser.
- Avoid cosmetic products that contain oil.
- Don’t wear clothes which are too tight.
- Clean makeup .
- Always have a shower after action.
- Manage stress well.